Recharter is the process where our Scouting units (Pack, Troop, and Crew) renew its charter as an official part of the Boy Scouts of America. This involves:
- updating our unit’s roster (including adding/subtracting members, updating contact information for individuals or your unit’s chartering organization)
- paying registration fees for each youth and adult member to the national Boy Scouts of America organization
- paying for group insurance coverage
- ensuring ALL adults have completed Youth Protection Training
- ensuring all key leaders are fully trained according to their position.
Our target is to complete rechartering by 1 November 2014.
Youth Protection Training – an absolute must!
This year, we are implementing a new policy for our Scouting programs. We will NOT register/recharter any youth in any of our Units without receiving youth protection training certificate from at least ONE parent in the household. We encourage ALL parents to take the training.
Safety of our Youth is our number one priority. To learn more about Youth Protection Training and to find out how to take the online training, please visit:
To meet our rechartering goal, we are asking that EVERY ADULT (parents/leaders) complete the Youth Protection Training by no later than 19 October 2014. Once you have completed the training, we need you to obtain some proof of training. To do that, please do one of the following:
- Print your training certificate and give it to the Committee Chair;
- Save your training certificate as a PDF and send it to the Committee Chair;
- Send ONLY the username that you use to log on to MyScouting.org to the Committee Chair.
The Committee Chair for your unit is listed below:
- Pack 114 (Cub Scouts) Committee Chair - Norlidah Zainal Abidin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 114 (Boy Scouts) Committee Chair - Mariam Eljanne, email@example.com.
- Crew 114 (Venturing) Committee Chair - Abdul Rashid Abdullah, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for everything you do for your son and for Scouting. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Yours in Scouting,
Abdul “Rashid” Abdullah
Chartered Organization Representative for Pack, Troop, and Crew 114
Committee Chair, National Capital Area Council Islamic Committee on Scouting
Executive Director, National American Muslim Association on Scouting
I used to be an Antelope...
Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.