Volunteer as a Scout Leader
The Boy Scouts of America relies on volunteers to provide leadership and support to Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, and Venturing crews.
Scouting volunteers come to Scouting from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Plumbers, lawyers, housewives, teachers, doctors, janitors, and scientists—people from just about every occupation imaginable are involved in leading youth to become responsible, caring, and competent citizens. They also quickly discover that Scout volunteering enables them to learn new skills and build lifelong friendships while having fun.
For more information, visit BeAScout.org!
How do I become a leader?
- Complete Online Training (follow instructions below):
- Youth Protection Training (YPT).
- This is Scouting Training.
- Online Leader Specific Training.
- Complete the Adult Leader Application.
- Turn in Youth Protection Training Certificate, Adult Leader Application, and joining fees to Committee Chair. All Adult Applications must be approved by Committee Chair and the Chartering Organization Representative.
- Get a Uniform
- Complete Leader Specific Classroom Training.
If you have any questions, contact us at ICNVT Scouting.
Online Training (Must be Completed by all Parents)
One of the best things you can do for yourself and for your child is to take an active role in Scouting. To ensure we provide the most safest and most fun filled adventure possible, Pack and Troop 114 REQUIRES all parents to complete both Youth Protection and This is Scouting training regardless if they serve in a leadership role or not. The training is very straight forward and should take no more than 1 hour of your time. To proceed you will need to complete the following steps:
- Go to http://www.myscouting.org.
- Click on create an account.
- You do not need to have a member ID to take Youth Protection training, however, if you don't have a member ID, please contact the Cubmaster or Scoutmaster to obtain your ID.
- To take Youth Protection training: From the menu on the left, click E-Learning.
- From the General tab, scroll down to Youth Protection Training and click Take Course.
- When you complete the course, print or save a digital copy certificate of completion.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for This is Scouting training.
- Please ensure these certificates are received by the Committee Chair.
Additional Online Leader Specific Training (Must be Completed by all Leaders Specific to their Position.)